In this post you will receive ten verses for anxiety and fear. The Bible contains hundreds of passages that urge us not to walk in fear. Fear is not from God. Peace is from God. Bookmark this page, memorize these scriptures. Meditating on what God says about fear will bring peace to your life. At the end of this message I have a free download for you!
My top 10 favorite verses for anxiety and fear.
1. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7; KJV).
2. “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love” (1 John 4:18; NIV).
3. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10; NIV)
4. “Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me” (Psalm 23:4; NLT).
5. “So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you” (Deuteronomy 31:6; NLT).
6. “Suddenly, a fierce storm struck the lake, with waves breaking into the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, ‘Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!’ Jesus responded, ‘Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!’ Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm” (Matthew 8:24-26; NLT).
7. “God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day” (Psalm 46:5; NIV).
8. “They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord” (Psalm 112:7; NIV).
9. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging” (Psalm 46:1-3; NIV).
10. “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you” (Psalm 91:1-7; NLT).
There are at least three hundred and sixty-five references to fear in the Bible. One reminder a day. Isn't it fair to assume that God knew we would need that many reminders because it is only human to fear? In other words, fear is in our fleshly nature. We will spend a lifetime on this earth learning the love of God, which casts out fear. Since we are still learning, we will struggle with fear, worry, anxiety, and even depression in seasons. The goal isn't to cultivate a life free of fear; such life doesn't exist. It's to learn how to fear less.
Do you want to learn how to fear less? Recently I sat down with Miranda Carls and talked about all things anxiety. I think you will find this podcast very helpful.
Also, don't miss our next Fearless Women event on May 17th at 7 pm! This FREE night will be filled with worship, teaching on anxiety, and an exciting announcement from our team. Register for free here to join us online or in person.
Now for the freebie I promised!
How do I make sense of the Bible?
It's important to get a Bible that you understand. I recommend starting with the NIV or NLT versions of the Bible.
What Bible do you use?
How do you memorize scripture?
By putting scripture in places I see all the time like my phone, mirror or dashboard of my car I start to memorize scripture quickly.
How do I download these phone wallpapers?
Click on the purple box, t will direct you to dropbox. Hold down on the wallpaper you want to download and save to your camera roll.